It finally happened! I’ve been given an award for being the ball of sunshine in everyone’s life 😉 all jokes aside, I am thankful to Rachel at the Pace, Amore, Libri blog for the nomination! Check out her Sunshine Blogger Award post because her answers are really interesting and fun! (Rachel, I took the graphic from your post, I hope that’s ok!)
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator has given you.
- Nominate 11 other people and give them 11 new questions to answer.
- List the rules and display the award
1.What’s the last movie you saw and what did you think of it?
Ummm. I think it was probably Moana, which is a little embarrassing, but hey, I’m a nanny and also Moana is awesome, so I’m not that embarrassed ;). I really did like it. Some of the plot details bothered me, and the Shiny song makes me uncomfortable, but all-in-all it’s a good movie. I mean, it’s no How to Train Your Dragon, but it’s very good.
2. Do you have any weird or random talents?
Does having an insanely good memory count? I retain really random facts, so I feel like I know a decent amount about a lot of random things, and it’s all accidental. For example, I have memorized all the State nicknames (i.g. Minnesota is the North Star State, Idaho is the gem state, etc.) and I really didn’t try to do it, I just remember useless information–which basically makes my talent trivia. Other than that, I don’t really think I have any random talents.
3. What’s your favorite song at the moment?
I have 3. “Whatever it Takes” by Imagine Dragons, “One More Light” by Linkin Park, and “All We Ever Knew” by The Head and the Heart.
I’m also really digging the “Natasha, Pierre and the Great Comet of 1812” soundtrack.
4. What time of day do you do most of your blogging?
I almost always blog at night.
5.What’s your favorite museum that you’ve been to?
The Royal Museums of Fine Arts in Brussels, Belgium is my all-time favorite. A close second is the Van Gogh museum in Amsterdam, Netherlands…I may or may not have cried when I went there.
6. When’s the last time you went to a wedding?
ha! well, I’m kind of a professional wedding-goer. I’ve been to 8 weddings this summer and I have 3 more this year…and I’ve been in half of them, so I’m a little done with weddings at the moment, but my last one was the last weekend of June.
7.Do you have a celebrity doppelganger?
Not that I know of, however many have told me I look like the Chesire Cat.
8. If you were a cat, what color cat would you be? (Very important question.)
Going off of my last answer, I have to say purple.
9. Do you have a favorite publisher or publisher imprint?
I don’t know if they are my favorite, but I really like the little penguin on the Penguin classics books.
10. Have you ever dressed up like a fictional character? (Bonus points for photo evidence.)
Other than in plays or for halloween, I really don’t think I have, which is kind of sad.
11. What’s your favorite thing about your city (or state, or country)?
I hail from the great state of Iowa. If you don’t know where Iowa is, it is right in the middle of the United States. I really love how kind everyone is here. People are just genuinely nice and it’s amazing. Every time I come back from traveling, I’m always pleasantly surprised with the people of Iowa–they are great. Also, barbecue.
For the Sunshine Blogger Award, I nominate:
- Books, Books, and More Books
- Once Upon a Spine
- The Secret Library
- Sydney’s Shelves
- Reads & Reels
- Cup of Tea With that Book, Please
- Read By Chris
- The Mystery Corner
- Flavia the Bibliophile
- Reading Every Night
My questions are:
- What is your all-time favorite book or books?
- What is your go-to binge show on Netflix?
- What is the best book you’ve read this year?
- Where is your dream vacation spot?
- What book would you recommend everyone to read, right now?
- Do you prefer a physical book, e-book, audiobook, or all three?
- What fandom are you least likely to join?
- Do you have a favorite piece of art or artist?
- Book clubs, yay or nay?
- Are you a morning, noon, or night reader?
- What does your dream trip look like?
Thanks for reading!!