Today for our Top Ten Tuesday, the Broke and Bookish Blog gave us a Summer Freebie. I actually just did a small form of this blog for my Friday Five post last week, so I’m going to try to name books other than the ones on that list.
For my summer freebie, I’m going to do Audiobooks for Your Summer Road Trip. This summer I’m traveling like crazy. I have weddings/bachelorette parties, birthdays, and vacations filling up my calendar, and so I really rely on audiobooks to get me through the long drives. Not all audiobooks are created equal, so I’m going to let you know which ones I think you pass on and which ones you should press play.
*Disclaimer: I have not listened to all of these, but the one’s I haven’t, come highly recommended to me
- Go Set A Watchman by Harper Lee, narrated by Reese Witherspoon
- Anything by Neil Gaiman (read earlier post here)
- The Millennium Trilogy by Stieg Larrson, narrated by Simon Vance
- The Nightingale by Kristen Hannah, narrated by Polly Stone
- Sherlock Holmes’ Rediscovered Railway Stories by John Taylor, narrated by Benedict Cumberbatch*
- Life of Pi by Yaan Martel, narrated by Jeff Woodman
- Modern Romance by Aziz Ansari, narrated by author*
- The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins, narrated by Claire Corbette, Louise Brealey, and India Fisher
- The Martian by Andy Weir, narrated by R.C. Bray
- The Selfish Giant by Oscar Wilde, narrated by Martin Jarvis, musical adaptation by Dan Goeller.
This one is for the kids (and really the adults, too). This beautiful rendition of The Selfish Giant is one everyone should hear. Not only is the narration amazing, it is set to a symphony that elevates the story. I bought it for my nephews and they always ask for it when they are in the car.
*Indicates I have not listened to this particular audiobook, but that it come highly recommended to me.
So there you have it, the 10 Audiobooks I recommend for your summer road trips! Happy reading (or listening), and I can’t wait to read all the other TTT lists for today!