I got nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award by Kayla and Neko over at the Books, Boxes, & Baubles blog! Thank you so much for the tag, your blog is awesome, and everyone should go check it out! This award was created by Okoto Enigma’s Blog, which also rocks!
Ok, so the rules of this tag are:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
3 Things About Me
- I’m a travel junkie! My money goes to plane tickets, and my heart goes to maps, picture perfect hikes, and pubs all over the world.
- I have 8 siblings (I’m number 3), 3 nephews, 2 nieces, and 30 first cousins…safe to say it’s a party when we are all together.
- I was the Cheshire Cat in my high school production of Alice in Wonderland, even though I only tried out for the part of a flower…it must be because of my cat-like features 😉
Kayla and Neko’s Questions:
1. Least favorite book you have read and why?
I don’t know what my all-time least favorite book is, but my least favorite book I’ve read recently is Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff. Basically the whole book was a bust for me. I couldn’t get into the plot, couldn’t get captivated by the characters, and I found it rather overblown.
2. Favorite genre and why?
How can one choose?!?!?!?! I really do read a wide range of genre’s, but I guess if I had to read one genre for the rest of my life, it would be historical fiction. There is such a wide range of topics that could be covered, and WWII books happen to be some of my favorite.
3. Should hamsters be allowed to rule the world?
You know, this is a tough one. I was inclined to say yes right away, but then I did some good hard thinking, and I don’t think hamsters should be allowed to rule the world. Don’t get me wrong, hamsters are super cute, but have you ever seen an angry hamster? It’s not a pretty sight. I mean, in some cases Hamsters are known to fight to the death and even eat other hamsters. Now, as rulers, they may not force cannibalism upon their subjects, but then again, they just might. It’s always the little animals that you underestimate, and you never know when they might turn on you.
4. What’s your passion outside of books?
I would have to say I’m most passionate about sports. My dad played football in college, and he raised us not only to love sports, but to understand them. One of my fondest daddy/daughter dates was to a college hockey game, but I don’t think he knew how passionate I would become for the sport (I’m actually watching a hockey playoff game while I’m writing this).
5. If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?
Well, I want to go everywhere, so this is tough. I recently went to New Zealand, and I’m kind of obsessed with that country now and I would love to go back. But right now Iceland is next on my list. I don’t know when I’m going to go yet, but I hope it’s my next big trip.
My questions are:
- If you could jump into any book as a side character, what one would you choose?
- Desert Island: 1 book, 1 movie, and 1 song, what do you choose?
- You have to spend the rest of you life either talking in third person or only in questions, which do you choose?
- What is your favorite non-fiction book?
- What is your dream job?
Please don’t feel obligated to do this tag if you don’t want to, but I would love to see your answers!
My most popular post(s):
Theme post: Top Ten Tuesday: Unique Books
Review: The Screwtape Letters