Happy Friday!! On the final day of March I’m going to talk about things that never actually had a finale for me. When it comes to book series, I really try to start what I’ve finished, however some just slip through the cracks even though they deserve to be finished. So today on Friday Five I’m going to highlight those series I really should finish, and hopefully this list will keep me accountable.
- Divergent Series by Veronica Roth
- I really liked the first Divergent book and then I started school again and had to read loads of philosophy, theology and english books and I just didn’t get around to it.
- Kristen Lavransdatter by Sigrid Undset
- I loved the first book of this series, but for some reason I cannot recall, never finished the second. I really enjoy Scandenavian Literature and Sigrid Undset is one of the best, so I really need to go back and read the rest of this series.
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
- Loved the first book, but the copy of the second one was checked out when I wanted it and I just haven’t gotten around to reading it, but I definitely will.
- The Bourne Trilogy by Robert Ludlum
- I think I need to start this one all over again. I read The Bourne Identity a long time ago and while I remember liking it, and it not being like the movie, I don’t remember really anything else, but it’s a series I want to read, for sure.
- The Space Trilogy by C.S. Lewis
- I’ve read the first two of this trilogy and I’m so mad at myself that I didn’t just finish it right away–it’s always harder to go back to things. This series is great but it is loaded with philosophy. I think my brain just needed a break after the second one and that break turned into two years…oops. Even though I haven’t read all of them, I really do recommend this series to everyone. The books can be read as stand-alone novels and they are essentially Narnia for adults (but in space).
Hopefully I get to these soon, I hate having unfinished business 😉
Are there any series you guys need to finish? Or any you recommend I pick up?